A perfect breakfast dish with oats, this instant dosa is simple, quick and delicious. Best served with chutney of choice.
Oats – 2 cups
Rava – 1 cup
Black Peppercorns – 2 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 2 tblsp
Cashew Nuts – 20 to 25
Curd – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Oil – little
Curry Leaves – few
1. Gently grind the oats to a coarse powder.
2. Transfer this to a large bowl.
3. Add the curd, rava and salt.
4. Pour 2 cups of water and mix well.
5. Keep aside for 45 to 60 minutes.
6. Add the cumin seeds, peppercorns, cashewnuts and curry leaves.
7. Mix well.
8. Add some more water and mix well to a batter of pouring consistency (not too thick and not too thin).
9. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
10. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
11. Add oil around the edges and cook on both sides until light golden brown.
12. Remove and serve with chutney of choice.