Baby Corn Rice is a simple and easy to make dish for office or school lunch. This can be served with raita or as it is.
- Basmati Rice – 1/2 cup
- Onions – 1/2 cup, finely sliced
- Baby Corn – 4, chopped
- Capsicum – 2, finely sliced
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Oil – As Required
- Cardamom – 1 (optional)
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for 1/2 hour.
- Drain the water and add 2 cups of water to the rice.
- Pressure cook the rice for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Allow it to cool down and spread them in a plate. keep it aside.
- Heat a pan under medium flame.
- Add oil and heat it.
- Fry the baby corn and capsicum slices until crunchy.
- Remove and keep it aside.
- To the same pan, add little oil and heat it.
- Add the garlic cloves and sliced onions.
- Cook till the onions turn soft.
- Add the cooked baby corn and capsicum to the pan.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, pepper powder and mix well.
- Cook until the raw smell disappears.
- Add the cooked rice along with salt and pepper powder.
- Mix gently until the masala is coated to the rice.
- Cook under low flame for 5 minutes.
- Remove from flame.
- Serve hot with any raita or chips.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !