Simple and delicious breakfast or snack with dried cranberries and oats.
Maida – 3 cups
Rolled Oats – 4 cups
Cranberries – 1 cup, dried
Sugar – 1 cup + extra for sprinkling
Egg – 2, large
Baking Powder – 8 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Butter – 1 cup, unsalted, melted
Buttermilk – 1 cup
Orange Zest – 2 tsp, finely grated
1. Mix the oats, maida, cranberries, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
2. Beat the eggs until frothy.
3. Add to the bowl along with butter, buttermilk and orange zest.
4. Mix well to form a soft dough.
5. Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface and transfer the dough.
6. Mix well and small/medium sized balls.
7. Flatten them lightly and place them on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper.
8. Sprinkle some sugar on top.
9. Place the tray onto a preheated oven at 400F/200C and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the tops are lightly brown.
10. Remove and cool.
11. Store them in an airtight container.