Fish – 500 gms, cleaned (any sea fish)
Tomatoes – 2, chopped
Green Chillies – 2, chopped
Sambar Onions – 1 cup, peeled, chopped
Saunf – 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Oil – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 4 tsp
Coriander Powder – 5 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Tamarind Extract – 4 cups
Salt as per taste
1. Apply turmeric powder on the fish and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Fry the saunf and fenugreek till golden.
4. Saute the onions, green chillies, tomatoes and curry leaves.
5. Add red chilli powder and coriander powder.
6. Mix well and pour the tamarind extract.
7. Simmer for 2 minutes and add the fish.
8. Bring to a boil. Simmer till the fish pieces tender and cooked.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve hot with rice.
Meen Kuzhambu Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Meen Kuzhambu Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.