Fish – 500 gms, cleaned (any sea fish)
Tomatoes – 2, chopped
Green Chillies – 2, chopped
Sambar Onions – 1 cup, peeled, chopped
Saunf – 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Oil – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 4 tsp
Coriander Powder – 5 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Tamarind Extract – 4 cups
Salt as per taste
1. Apply turmeric powder on the fish and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Fry the saunf and fenugreek till golden.
4. Saute the onions, green chillies, tomatoes and curry leaves.
5. Add red chilli powder and coriander powder.
6. Mix well and pour the tamarind extract.
7. Simmer for 2 minutes and add the fish.
8. Bring to a boil. Simmer till the fish pieces tender and cooked.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve hot with rice.
Meen Kuzhambu Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- The Significance Of Carbohydrates Carbohydrates play a significant role in sustaining the metabolism of a human body and enable them to execute their day...
- 31 Cooking Tips to Make Your Foods Healthier Everyone wishes to eat fresh and healthy food. However, we ignore some basic aspects while cooking and deteriorate the...
- 13 Steps to Become a Master Chef at Home It is essential to follow certain safety rules while cooking. Hygiene is a must to ensure that cooked food is healthy and...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Meen Kuzhambu Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.