Mutton – 250 gms
Eggs – 2
Ginger – 1 inch piece, peeled
Garlic – 10 cloves
Sambar Onions – 1/2 cup, peeled
Green Chillies – 1
Black Peppercorns – 1/4 tsp, powdered
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp, powdered
Saunf – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon – 2
Cloves – 2
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 bunch
Salt as per taste
Oil – 250 ml
1. Pressure cook the mutton with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and keep aside.
2. Dry roast the cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp saunf, cinnamon and cloves separately.
3. Then grind them together to a fine powder.
4. Combine and grind together the ginger, garlic, green chilli and sambar onions.
5. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan.
6. Fry the ginger garlic and onion paste for a minute or two or until the raw smell disappears.
7. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
8. Add the peppercorns and cumin seeds.
9. After 30 seconds add the mutton pieces and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the mutton pieces turn golden brown.
10. Beat the eggs in a bowl with some salt.
11. Heat oil in a separate pan.
12. Dip the mutton pieces in the beaten eggs and fry in hot oil.
13. Remove when the eggs are cooked and mutton pieces turn crispy.
14. Garnish with coriander leaves.
15. Serve hot.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.
Image credit: paklinks.com
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !