For the batter:
Maida – 1/4 cup
Cornstarch – 1/8 cup
Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
Egg White – 1, small
Water – 1/4 cup
Salt as per taste
Oil – 1/2 tblsp
1. Rinse and pat dry the squids.
2. Mix 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper in a bowl.
3. Marinate the squids in this for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Combine all the batter ingredients and mix well.
5. Add the marinated squids to the batter and stir well.
6. Heat oil for deep frying in a pan over medium flame.
7. Gently drop the squids and deep-fry till light golden brown and crispy.
8. Ensure the squids do not stick together.
9. Remove and drain excess oil.
10. In a separate pan heat 1/4 tblsp of oil over high flame.
11. Stir-fry the spring onions and red chillies.
12. Add the fried squids and add the white pepper and 1/4 tsp of salt.
13. Mix well and transfer to a serving plate.
14. Serve at once.