Idli or Uthappam Batter – 2 cups
Peas – 1/2 cup, boiled, mashed slightly
Carrot – 1/2 cup, grated
Potato – 1, small, finely grated
Oil as required
Onion – 1, big, minced
Green Chillies – 4, minced
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, peeled, grated
Curry Leaves – handful, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – handful, finely chopped
1. Heat 1 tblsp of oil in a pan.
2. Add the onions, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, carrot, potato and peas.
3. Saute for 5 minutes and add coriander leaves.
4. Stir to mix well and keep aside.
5. Heat a tawa and add a little oil.
6. Pour a ladleful of the batter.
7. Spread into a medium sized thick circle. Add some oil.
8. Cover and cook on low heat.
9. When it it slightly cooked spread the vegetable mixture evenly.
10. Cover and cook for a minute more.
11. Add some oil to the sides and cook on one side only.
12. Remove and serve hot.