1. Put all the ingredients except the chicken drumsticks in a bowl and whisk them together.
2. Pour the mixture into a large, shallow dish.
3. Make 3 deep cuts in each drumstick.
4. Put the chicken in the dish and roll each piece until it is coated with sauce.
5. Cover with cling film and leave to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
6. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
7. Lay the coated chicken (uncut side up) on a foil-lined grill pan.
8. Put the marinade to one side.
9. Grill the chicken pieces for 7–8 minutes.
10. Turn the chicken over and grill the other side for a further 7–8 minutes.
11. Turn the chicken again.
12. Spoon on half the sauce.
13. Grill for 5 minutes, turn, and spoon on the rest of the sauce.
14. Grill for a final 5 minutes.
15. Let the chicken stand for 2–3 minutes before you are ready to serve.
Barbecue Chicken Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Barbecue Chicken from Awesome Cuisine.