Tofu – 400 gms
Soy Sauce – 3 tblsp
Rice Wine Vinegar – 1 tblsp
Sesame Oil – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1 inch piece, peeled and grated
Garlic Clove – 1, crushed
Eggs – 2, large, beaten
Fresh Breadcrumbs – 75 to 100 gms
Sesame Seeds – 3 tsp
Ligh Olive Oil for frying
Crusty Bread Rolls or Burger Buns – 4
1. Cut the tofu into 4 square pieces.
2. Lay them flat in a non-metallic dish.
3. Mix together the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and garlic.
4. Pour this over the tofu pieces.
5. Cover and leave to marinate for 60 minutes or overnight.
6. To make the burgers, dip the tofu into the beaten egg.
7. Then into the breadcrumbs and finally into the mixed sesame seeds.
8. Dip each burger in the eggs, then the breadcrumbs again for an extra coating.
9. Heat the oil in a shallow pan.
10. Fry the tofu burgers on each side over medium heat until golden and crispy, for about 6 to 8 minutes.
11. Remove and drain.
12. Halve the rolls.
13. Top each base with salad leaves and a crispy tofu burger.
14. Serve immediately.
Tip: You can also add fried onions and sauteed cherry tomatoes as topping.