Maida – 2 cups
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Water – 300 ml
Ghee – 1 cup + 6 tblsp
Flour – 2 tblsp
1. Mix maida and salt. Sieve together.
2. Add enough water to make a soft dough.
3. Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
4. Melt 2 tblsp of ghee and knead into dough, till soft and elastic.
5. Add 2 tblsp of flour to 4 tblsp of ghee and mix to a paste.
6. Divide the dough into 8 to 10 equal portions.
7. Flatten with hand to make a small circle, then roll out thinly and fold in half.
8. Spread with a little flour paste and fold lengthwise in half again.
9. Roll this strips like a pinwheel, keeping the folded edges outward and forming a cone shape.
10. Press with hands to flatten.
11. Form into a chapati.
12. Heat a little ghee on a tawa and fry the paratha.
13. Add little ghee to the sides of the paratha.
14. Turn once and cook till golden on both sides.
15. Serve hot with side dish of choice.