Cashewnuts – 250 gms
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Rose Essence – few drops
Pista – 50 gms
Green Colour – little
Powdered Sugar – 1 tblsp
Silver Warq – for decoration
1. Dry roast the cashewnuts in a hot kadai in moderate flame.
2. Do not discolour the nuts.
3. Powder the nuts in a mixie.
4. Transfer to a big bowl, add rose essence and mix well.
5. Heat sugar with just enough water till it reaches one string consistency.
6. Remove from fire.
7. Pour little by little to the cashewnut powder and mix well till it becomes thick.
8. Knead well while the mixture is still warm.
9. Apply ghee to 2 thick plastic sheets.
10. Transfer the dough on one plastic sheet and place another sheet on top.
11. Flatten the dough and roll it out like a thin chapathi.
12. Dry roast the pista and powder it finely.
13. Mix it with the green colour and powdered sugar.
14. After rolling the dough, sprinkle the powdered pista on top.
15. Roll up tightly from one end like a mat.
16. Decorate with the silver warq.
17. Cut into 2 inch pieces.