Refined Flour – 1 cup
Ghee – 2 tblsp, melted
Oil for deep frying
For the Filling:
Prawns – 2 cups, small and peeled
Butter – 2 tblsp
Garlic – 1 tsp, chopped
Milk – 1/2 cup
Cheese – 4 tblsp, grated
White Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Refined Flour – 2 tblsp
Salt to taste
1. For the puffs, mix together the flour, ghee, salt and enough water to make a soft dough.
2. For the filling, chop the prawns into small pieces and sprinkle with salt and set aside for a few minutes.
3. Heat the butter in a pan and saute the garlic till light brown.
4. Add the chopped prawns and saute for a minute.
5. Add the milk, cheese, white pepper powder and flour.
6. Cook over low heat till the sauce thickens.
7. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
8. Make 12 small marble size balls of the dough and roll out into 3 inch rounds.
9. Place each on a flat surface.
10. Place one tblsp of prawn filling on one half and cover the other half to make a half-moon shape.
11. Press the edges to seal well.
12. Deep fry the puffs in hot oil.
13. Serve hot.