Split Black Gram – 1 cup, soaked for 1 hour
Bengal Gram – 1/2 cup, soaked for 1 hour
Salt to taste
Ginger – 2 tbsp, chopped
Garlic – 2 tbsp, chopped
Unsalted Butter – 1/2 cup
Clarified Butter – 1/2 cup
Onions – 1/2 cup, chopped
Green Chillies – 6, chopped
Tomatoes – 1/4 cup, chopped
Mint Leaves – 1 tbsp
1. Drain both the grams and cook in 5 cups of water in a large pan.
2. Add salt.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat and keep removing the scum that surfaces.
5. Add 1 1/2 tbsp of ginger and garlic each and unsalted butter.
6. Cook covered until the mixed gram is tender and a little water remains.
7. Remove and mash the mixture against the sides of the pan with a large spoon.
8. Heat the clarified butter in a pan.
9. Add the onions and fry until light brown.
10. Add the remaining ginger-garlic, green chillies, tomatoes and mint leaves.
11. Cook until the tomatoes are mashed.
12. Pour this into the above mixture and stir.
13. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !