Cauliflower – 250 gms, cut into florets
Refined Flour – 1 1/4 cup
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Onion Seeds – 1 tsp
Oil for frying
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Mango Powder – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 1 tsp, chopped
Salt – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
1. Mix together the refined flour, ghee and onion seeds.
2. Add just enough water and knead into a stiff dough.
3. Keep aside.
4. Heat the oil.
5. Deep fry the cauliflower.
6. Drain the excess oil.
7. Keep aside to cool.
8. Chop into small pieces.
9. Heat the ghee and saute the cumin seeds.
10. Add the mango powder, green chillies, salt, turmeric powder and cauliflower.
11. Mix well and remove from the flame.
12. Make small, lemon-sized balls of the dough.
13. Roll out each ball into small discs.
14. Cut each disc into half, put 1/2 tblsp of the cauliflower filling in the middle of one half disc.
15. Fold the disc into a triangular shape, enclosing the filling.
16. Pinch the loose edges to seal.
17. Reheat the oil in a kadai and fry them over a medium flame, till they are golden brown in colour.
18. Drain the excess oil and serve immediately.