Potatoes – 4, medium
Coconut – 1 cup, grated
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp (optional)
Juice of 1 Lemon
Salt to taste
Ghee/Oil – 3 tblsp
Onion – 1, chopped
Garlic – 4 cloves, minced
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, minced
Green Chillies – 3, slit
Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
1. Add 1/2 cup boiling water to grated coconut, cool and extract thick milk. Set aside.
2. Add 1 1/2 cups of boiling water to gratings once more and extract thin milk. Set aside. Discard gratings.
3. Boil, peel and cut potatoes into fairly large pieces.
4. Boil peas with some salt, set aside both.
5. Heat ghee/oil, add curry leaves and onion along with turmeric powder. Stir fry till onion turns a light pink colour.
6. Add minced ginger and green chillies. Stir fry.
7. Add potato pieces and chilli powder, fry for 2 to 3 minutes till potatoes are slightly roasted.
8. Add second coconut milk and salt. Cover and cook on low heat for sometime.
9. Now add first milk, half of the chopped coriander leaves, mix and boil once. Remove from fire.
10. Before serving, add lemon juice and mix.
11. Pour moilee into a bowl, garnish with the rest of the coriander leaves.
12. Serve hot.