Cauliflower – 1 (large)
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – As required
Red chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Maida – 1/2 cup
Rusk Powder or fine bread crumbs – 1/2 cup
Oil – for frying.
1. Wash and separate cauliflower into medium sized flowerettes.
2. Heat water in a vessel to which salt and turmeric powder is added.
3. When it starts boiling add cauliflower pieces. Close with a lid and remove from fire.
4. After few minutes drain water completely. Dry well on a towel.
5. Sprinkle little salt, chilli powder and garam masala powder to the pieces. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
6. Make a thick paste of maida with water.
7. Dip cauliflower pieces in maida paste and roll them on bread crumbs.
8. Deep fry in hot oil till crisp. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Half boiled cauliflower can be deep fried without dipping in maida paste.