Potatoes – 225 gms, cut into 2 inch cubes
Green Beans – 115 gms
Carrots – 150 gms, scraped and cut into 2 inch cubes
Hot Water – 2 1/4 cups
Eggplant – 1 small, quartered lengthwise
Coconut Milk Powder – 75 gms
Salt – 1 tsp
Vegetable Oil – 2 tblsp
Curry Leaves – 8 to 10
Dried Red Chillies – 1 or 2, chopped into small pieces
Ground Cumin – 1 tsp
Ground Coriander – 1 tsp
Ground Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Naan/Roti to serve
1. Put the cubed potatoes, green beans and carrots in a large pan, add 1 1/4 cups of the hot water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat a little, cover the pan and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
2. Cut the eggplant quarters into 2 inch pieces. Rinse and add to the pan.
3. Blend the coconut milk powder with the remaining hot water and add to the vegetables, with the salt. Bring to a slow simmer, cover and cook for 6-7 minutes.
4. In a small pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and add the curry leaves and the dried red chillies. Immediately follow with the ground cumin, coriander and turmeric.
5. Stir-fry the spices together for 15-20 seconds and pour the entire contents of the pan over the vegetables. Stir to distribute the spices evenly and remove the pan from the heat.
6. Serve the mixed vegetables with naan or roti.