Button Mushrooms – 400 gms
Onions – 2 large
Butter – for frying
Tamarind – small gooseberry size
Spring Onion – few (with onion and stem)
Grind to paste:
Garlic – 6 flakes
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Red Chillies – 6
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Take water in a bowl and add little lime juice to it. Wash the mushrooms 3 or 4 times.
2. Spread it over a cloth to dry up the moisture.
3. Chop the mushrooms into 4-6 pieces.
4. Cut onions finely.
5. Soak tamarind in little water and extract a thick pulp.
6. Mix ground paste with the tamarind extract.
7. Marinate the mushrooms in this paste for half an hour.
8. Cut spring onion stems separately into fine pieces and slice onions into thin rounds.
9. Keep onion stem separately for garnishing.
10. Fry sliced onion rings in butter till it turns crisp and golden. Take out and keep aside for garnishing.
11. In the same butter, fry onions till it becomes transparent.
12. Add mushrooms along with its marinade.
13. Stir fry in medium flame till moisture is absorbed completely.
14. Transfer to a serving dish, decorate with the fried onion rings and chopped spring onions.