Turmeric powder – a pinch
Curry leaves – a few
Black gram dal (uluthamparuppu) – 1/2 cup
Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
Green chillies – 2, sliced into small pieces
Bengal gram dal (kadalaparuppu) – 1/2 cup
Ginger – 1 inch piece, chopped into small bits
Red gram dal (thuvaramparuppu) – 1/2 cup
Onion – 1 big, chopped into small pieces
Oil for frying
Salt as per taste
1. Take the dals in a bowl. Soak in water for about 2 hours.
2. Crush them together to make a thick paste. Water must not be added while crushing.
3. Put in ginger, onions, green chilly, turmeric powder, curry leaves and chilly powder. Add salt. Blend thoroughly.
4. Make balls from the paste. Then shape them into patties. It is better to wet your hands while doing it.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Add the patties. Deep fry till they turn golden brown in colour.
6. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !