A delicious and easy to make Mexican dish, these quesadillas made with sweet potatoes are a great anytime meal. Ideal for lunch, dinner or as an evening snack.
Sweet Potatoes – 1 1/2 cup, grated or very finely chopped
Oil – 3 tsp
Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
Jalapeno – 1, small, chopped
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Dried Oregano – 1/4 tsp
Sweet Corn Kernels – 1/2 cup
Flour Tortillas – 2, medium size
Garlic – 1 clove, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Coriander Leaves – handful, finely chopped
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Saute the onions and garlic for a minute.
3. Sprinkle little salt if needed and stir well.
4. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Add the sweet potatoes, jalapenos, cumin powder and oregano.
6. Stir well and cover the pan again.
7. Cook for another 5 to 8 minutes.
8. Add the sweet corn kernels and cook for another minute.
9. Sprinkle some salt and pepper powder if needed.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
11. Lightly warm the tortillas and place them on a flat surface.
12. Divide the sweet potato mixture and spread them on one half of each tortilla.
13. Fold the tortillas and seal the edges with little water or oil.
14. Heat a nonstick pan over medium flame.
15. Place the quesadillas and cook for 2 minutes, turning once carefully.
16. Serve at once.