This delicious Vegetarian Thai Coconut Curry with Chickpeas is easy to make, tasty and ideal for lunch or dinner.
Coconut Milk – 400 ml
Tomatoes – 400 gms
Chickpeas – 200 gms, soaked in slightly salted water for 8 hours or overnight and drained
Red Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1/4 inch piece, grated
Brinjal – 1, chopped
Yellow Pumpkin – 1, small, peeled, chopped
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Soy Sauce – 1 tsp
Lime Juice – 1/2 tsp
1. Heat a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the coconut milk, tomatoes, ginger and red chilli flakes.
3. Add a little salt and pepper.
4. Stir well and simmer until it starts to boil.
5. Add the pumpkin and brinjals.
6. Cook for 10 to 20 minutes over low flame.
7. Add the chickpeas and coriander leaves.
8. Add the soy sauce and lime juice.
9. Stir well.
10. Cook until it starts to bubble.
11. Remove and serve hot with steamed rice.
Tip: If desired, you can garnish with fried cashew nuts.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !