A simple to make, delicious baby potato salad. Ideal for lunch, evening bite or as a starter/appetizer to any meal.
Baby Potatoes – 500 gms, halved
Onion – 1, small, finely sliced
Oil – 1 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1 1/2 tsp, grated
Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
Green Chilli – 1, finely sliced
Plain Yogurt – 1/4 cup
Juice and Zest of 1 small Lemon
Curry Leaves – few
Coriander Leaves – handful
Black Pepper Powder – little (optional)
Salt as per taste (optional)
Pomegranate Seeds – few, to garnish (optional)
1. Heat a pan of water over medium flame.
2. Add the potatoes and bring to a boil or until the potatoes are tender.
3. Drain and transfer the potatoes to a large bowl.
4. Heat little oil in a frying pan.
5. Stir-fry the cumin seeds and coriander seeds for 30 seconds.
6. Add the ginger, garlic and half of the green chillies.
7. Stir well and fry for 30 seconds.
8. Remove from flame and cool.
9. Add this to the yogurt along with lime juice and lime zest.
10. Whisk well.
11. Add coriander leaves, pepper powder and a pinch of salt (if required).
12. Add this to the potato bowl and mix well.
13. Heat little oil in a pan.
14. Saute the onions for a minute.
15. Add the curry leaves and remaining green chillies.
16. Remove and drain excess oil.
17. Sprinkle over the potato salad and garnish with pomegranate seeds, if using.
18. Serve at once.