Neer Dosa is a popular dosa variety in South India. Made with just rice and coconut, it is a light dosa and can be served with chutney or sambar of choice.
Raw Rice – 1 1/2 cup
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, finely chopped
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Green Chilli – 1, finely chopped
Ginger – a small piece, peeled, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Soak the rice for 2 hours.
2. Drain the water and add ginger, green chillies and coconut.
3. Grind to a smooth batter.
4. Transfer the batter to a large bowl.
5. Add a little water to the mixie and add run it once or twice.
6. Add this to the batter along with asafoetida powder, coriander leaves, cumin seeds and salt.
7. The batter should be thin like a rava dosa batter.
8. Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium flame.
9. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
10. Add oil around the edges and cook till golden brown and crisp on both sides.
11. Remove to a plate.
12. Serve hot with chutney.