Parangikai (Yellow Pumpkin) – 1 cup, chopped
Mango – 1/2 cup, chopped
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Coriander Seeds – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Green Chilli – 1, slit
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Oil as required
Mustard Seeds – little
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Cumin Seeds – little
Salt as per taste
1. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.
2. Fry the coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds and bengal gram dal for 60 seconds.
3. Remove, cool and grind to a fine powder.
4. Add a little oil to the pan.
5. Fry mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida powder for 30 seconds.
6. Add the green chillies, parangikai, mangoes, turmeric powder and enough water.
7. Simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Add salt, red chilli powder, ground powder and stir well.
9. Simmer for another few minutes.
10. Serve with chapati, rice or roti.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !