Bread Bonda or Bread Aloo Bonda is a delicious deep fried snack made with crumbled bread, potatoes and spices. Just like the original Bonda, these are a popular street food item across Central India.
The best part about this Aloo Bread Bonda is that you can involve the kids in making them. Just ensure that you do the deep frying or supervise them carefully.
A perfect treat for the kids after they come back from school or if they want to munch on something during holidays. You can also use leftover bread slices.
Bread Bonda (Aloo Bread Bonda) Recipe
Ingredients for Bread Bonda (Aloo Bread Bonda)
- 150 g Gram Flour
- 10 Bread Slices crusts removed, crumbled
- 4 Potatoes boiled, peeled, mashed
- 2 Onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp Ginger grated
- 1 Green Chilli chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Bengal Gram Dal
- as required Oil as required
- as per taste Salt as per taste
How to make Bread Bonda (Aloo Bread Bonda)
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the mustard seeds and bengal gram dal till the seeds start to splutter.
- Add ginger, green chilli and onions.
- Saute well.
- Add breadcrumbs, potatoes and salt.
- Mix well and remove. Keep aside.
- Add water to gram flour and mix to a batter of pouring consistency.
- Make small balls of the prepared mixture and dip them in the batter.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Fry the prepared bondas until golden brown.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with chutney of choice.