Kids would love this simple and tasty dish. Can also be packed for school/office lunch.
Dry Red Chillies – 2
Mango – 1/4 cup, grated
Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Ginger – 1/4 inch piece, peeled
1. Grind the red chillies, mango, coconut, cumin, coriander and ginger to a fine paste.
2. Soak the rice for 10 minutes and pressure cook with 1 and 3/4 cups of water and little salt.
3. Keep aside until required.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Saute the onions and garlic for a minute.
6. Pour 1/4 cup of water.
7. Add salt, turmeric powder, green peas, sweet corn and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Add the ground paste and stir well.
9. Simmer until the water has almost evaporated.
10. Add the cooked rice and mix well.
11. Serve hot.