The spicy kick of Asian and Thai foods attracts a large number of people. It is difficult to even imagine a spice less food rather to eat it. The spices are the tasty ingredients that preserve unstable food elements and are also needed to add flavor, color and aroma in foods. Use of spice provides interesting and compelling look and taste.
Spices play an active role by managing our daily diet in many ways. It is important to learn how to spice up your life by smartly adding spices in your diet to provide maximum health benefits. Too many spices are unhealthy but they can be surely used in correcting a number of health issues. There is some difference in herbs and spices. Any part of plant might be considered as herbs that are used to garnish the food. Hence Spices included dried parts of plants such as seeds, barks, vegetative substance or roots. Spices and herbs have their significance presence in human diet with particular health benefits. Their variety assists food to taste in certain ways. They are good for not only health but also beneficial for our taste buds.
Weight loss Benefits: Weight loss is the most common desire of a large number of people worldwide. Using spices in foods for weight loss is an interesting and fun way but they should be used sparingly.
- It has been proved by studies that certain spices can actually help you in losing weight. Eating spicy foods increases metabolism level. It leads people to process food quickly which may help with weight loss according to researchers. Eating spices is an easy and fun way to boost your immune system.
- The presence of Capsaicin, which is an active element of chili peppers, heats up the body and via further increment in metabolism rate the calorie burning process happens to be fast. If you are trying to shed extra pounds then eating spicy food will surely help you in achieving your goal. Bland diet food can be flavorful and interesting through certain preferred spices.
- This is also a key point that too many spices compel you to eat less if you are not a regular spicy food eater. Eating less also helps in losing weight via lower calorie consumption of spicy food. Adding a little more spice makes you feel fuller for a long period of time.
Treating Sinus: Sinus is a common problem in cold season and people use herbal supplements and home remedies to treat sinus.
- Spicy foods open up sinuses and support your body to cough up mucus. Spicy food helps in keeping mucous thin which makes the hot and spicy meal good for a person who suffers from cold.
- Bronchial tubes beneficially affected by the hot temperature of spicy foods as they promote the opening of them.
- People tend to use spicy food in hope of finding some sinus relief as it can help in clearing a stuffy nose. However, it’s important to consult the doctor if you have continuous problem in breathing. Plus spicy foods don’t always help in serious sinus infection which needs antibiotic.
More Medical Benefits: There are many benefits of using spice for medicinal purposes but it is essential to consult your doctor if you have medical issues.
- As spices have healing properties, eating spices gradually enhance the resistance power of your body that assists you in fighting against cardiovascular issues. Regular chilies intake in meals provides you cardiovascular benefits.
- Even some studies proved that regular intake of spices is good for brain and it also helps in reducing cancer risks. Capsaicin damages cancer cells without harming the healthy cells.
- Australian researchers proved that eating spices is useful for insomnia and it has been observed that people taking certain spices have reduced sleeping problems.