- Dried Orecchiette – 250 gms
- Radicchio – 1 head, torn into pieces
- Oakleaf Lettuce – 1, torn into pieces
- Pears – 2
- Lemon Juice – 1 tblsp
- Stilton Cheese – 250 gms, diced
- Walnuts – 55 gms, chopped
- Tomatoes – 4, quartered
- Red Onion – 1, sliced
- Carrot – 1, grated
- Fresh Basil Leaves – 8
- Lamb’s Lettuce – 55 gms
For the Dressing:
- Olive Oil – 4 tblsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp
- Salt and Pepper
- Bring a large, heavy-based saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil.
- Add the pasta, return to the boil and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender but still firm to the bite.
- Drain, refresh in a bowl of cold water and drain again.
- Place the radicchio and oakleaf lettuce leaves in a salad bowl.
- Halve the pears, remove the cores and dice the flesh.
- Toss the diced pear with 1 tblsp of lemon juice in a small bowl to prevent discoloration.
- Top the salad with the stilton, walnuts, pears, pasta, tomatoes, onion slices and grated carrot.
- Add the basil and lamb’s lettuce.
- For the dressing, mix the lemon juice and the olive oil and vinegar together in a jug.
- Then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss and serve.