An English classic sandwich that is simple to make, tastes delicious and is ideal for evening tea or snacks.
Cucumber – 1, finely sliced (peeled or unpeeled)
Butter – 2 tsp, unsalted
White Bread Slices – 8
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Mint Leaves – few, finely chopped
1. Butter the bread slices and place them on a flat surface.
2. Place 4 or 5 slices of the cucumbers on half of the bread slices.
3. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper powder.
4. Sprinkle some mint leaves if using.
5. Cover with the remaining slices.
6. Slice the sandwich into 2 or 4 pieces.
7. Serve as it is with ketchup or chutney of choice.
Tip: You can also use mayonnaise if preferred.