Refined Flour (maida) – 1 cup
Baking Powder – 1 1/4 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Soda Bicarbonate – 1/4 tsp
Eggs – 2
Sugar – 1/3 cup, powdered
Mixed Fruits – 1 cup
Carrots – 1/2 cup
Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
Orange Essence – 2 to 3 drops
Strawberry Essence – 2 to 3 drops
Vinegar – 1 tbsp
1. Grease a 7 inch baking tin.
2. Dust lightly with refined flour.
3. Sift the refined flour, baking powder, salt and soda bicarbonate together. Keep aside.
4. Beat the eggs with sugar till creamy.
5. Fold in the flour mixture, a little at a time, adding 1 to 3 tbsp water, if necessary, to obtain a dropping consistency.
6. Stir in the mixed fruits, carrots, cinnamon powder, orange essence and strawberry essence.
7. Add the vinegar just before transferring the mixture to the prepared tin.
8. Bake at 200C for about 35 minutes or until the cake is done.
Fruit Cake Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Fruit Cake Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.