Refined Flour (maida) – 1 cup
Baking Powder – 1 1/4 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Soda Bicarbonate – 1/4 tsp
Eggs – 2
Sugar – 1/3 cup, powdered
Mixed Fruits – 1 cup
Carrots – 1/2 cup
Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
Orange Essence – 2 to 3 drops
Strawberry Essence – 2 to 3 drops
Vinegar – 1 tbsp
1. Grease a 7 inch baking tin.
2. Dust lightly with refined flour.
3. Sift the refined flour, baking powder, salt and soda bicarbonate together. Keep aside.
4. Beat the eggs with sugar till creamy.
5. Fold in the flour mixture, a little at a time, adding 1 to 3 tbsp water, if necessary, to obtain a dropping consistency.
6. Stir in the mixed fruits, carrots, cinnamon powder, orange essence and strawberry essence.
7. Add the vinegar just before transferring the mixture to the prepared tin.
8. Bake at 200C for about 35 minutes or until the cake is done.
Fruit Cake Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Fruit Cake from Awesome Cuisine.