Courgettes – 4, washed, dried
Vegetable Oil for frying
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 2, chopped
Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Mango Powder – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Cream – 4 tbsp
1. Slice the top of the courgettes to form a lid.
2. Scoop out the centre and keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a pan.
4. Deep fry the courgettes for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil on absorbent kitchen towels.
6. Keep aside.
7. Heat 4 tbsp oil in a pan.
8. Saute the onion until transparent.
9. Mix in the tomatoes and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
10. Mix the garam masala, red chilli powder, mango powder, salt and cream.
11. Cook covered on low heat for a few minutes.
12. Fill each courgettes cup with this mixture.
13. Replace the lid, place them on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 175C or 350F for 5 to 7 minutes.
14. Remove the lid and serve hot.