Flour – 4 cups
Milk – 1 cup
Sugar – 3 tsp
Rose Water – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Melted Ghee – 1/4 cup
1.Put the milk in a pan and warm it gently.
2. Dissolve the sugar in the milk and add the rose water.
3. Sieve the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
4. Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk.
5. Mix gradually into the flour.
6. Knead to make a smooth dough and keep aside, covered with a wet cloth, for 30-45 minutes.
7. Add 2/3rd of the melted ghee to the dough and knead till the ghee is fully absorbed. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
8. Flatten the dough into a rectangular shape, spread 1 tblsp ghee evenly over it, dust with flour.
9. Fold one end and then the other to make 3 layers.
10. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Repeat this process 3 to 4 times.
11. Place the dough on a floured surface and roll it into a rectangular shape 1/8th inch thick.
12. Cut into squares with a sharp knife.
13. Make 2 or 3 incisions on each square.
14. Place the squares on individual sheets of butter paper. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
15. Heat a tawa and place a paratha on it.
16. Cook on low heat, dribbling ghee around the sides as required, until golden brown.
17. Turn and cook the other side in the same way, until the paratha looks puffy and cooked.
18. Serve immediately.