Colocasia – 1/2 kg
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Green Chillies – 2, slit lengthwise
Fresh Coconut – 2 tblsp, grated
Karamadhu Podi (Poriyal Powder) – 3 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Black Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Dry Red Chilli – 1, halved
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
1. Peel the yam and chop fine. Wash well.
2. Mix the yam with the salt and turmeric powder and pressure cook without adding water to the vegetable.
3. Drain in a colander and allow to cool completely.
4. Heat the oil and add all the ingredients for tempering. When the mustard seeds splutter, add the slit green chillies and the cooked vegetables. Stir well.
5. Sprinkle in the grated coconut and poriyal powder. Mix well.
6. Serve hot.