6 medium sized Brinjals
1 cup Curd
3 Green Chillies
1/4 inch piece of Ginger
1 clove Garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Chilli powder
1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
some Curry leaves
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Chop the green chillies finely, jullienne the ginger and slice the onions.
2. In a large bowl, beat the curd with a teaspoon of salt and keep aside.
3. Cut the brinjals into long strips. Make a mixture of salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder. Coat the brinjals with the mixture.
4. Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry the brinjal pieces. Remove and keep aside.
5. In another kadai, heat a little oil and add the mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds begin to splutter, add cumin seeds, ginger julliennes, green chillies, onion garlic and curry leaves. Fry them for some time.
6. Temper the beaten curd with the fried ingredients.
7. Slip the fried brinjals into the tempered curd and let them soak the flavours.
8. Serve with rice or pulao.
Doi Begun (Fried Brinjals in Curd) Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Doi Begun (Fried Brinjals in Curd) Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.