Whole wheat bread slices – 8
Honey – 2 tbsp
Mustard paste – 1 tbsp
Thyme leaves – 1/2 tsp (dried)
Chicken slices – 4
Cheddar cheese slices – 4
Onion – 2 (cut into 1/4″ slices)
Butter – 3 tbsp, melted
1. Blend mustard paste and thyme leaves with honey. Apply it on the onion slices as well.
2. Grill the onion slices for about 3 to 5 minutes. Wait till the onion slices become tender and have grill marks on them. Keep aside.
3. Grill the chicken slices for about 3 to 4 minutes until they are cooked from side to side.
4. Generously spread butter on one side of each bread slice.
5. Use grilled onions and chicken along with the cheese to make the sandwiches. But make sure that you assemble the sandwiches in such a manner that the buttered sides face outside.
6. For about 3 to 6 minutes, grill each sandwich. Wait till the cheese melts and then serve.