Puffed rice (Poha) – 50 gms
Mixed vegetables – 1/2 cup (Peas, cauliflower, carrots – cut into small pieces)
Peanuts – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
Green chilli – 1, slit
Tomato – 1, chopped
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Lime juice – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves – 1 stalk, finely chopped
Water as required
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
1. Wash poha in a sieve and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida and green chilli.
3. Once the mustard seeds stop crackling add the tomato and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the vegetables, peanuts, salt, turmeric powder and stir-fry till the vegetables are almost done.
5. Now add the washed poha and keep stirring, sprinkling a little water from time to time till the poha has become soft and fluffy. Mix in the lime juice, adjust the seasoning and garnish with coriander leaves.