Paneer Cutlet is a easy to make snack that can be served as an appetizer or as an evening snack. Combining the goodness of paneer and the taste appeal of cutlets, it is a simple and quick dish to make with minimal ingredients. For those bored of the plain aloo cutlet, this is a different cutlet that you can make at home for kids.
Paneer Cutlet Recipe
Ingredients for Paneer Cutlet
- 500 g Paneer
- 3 cup Potatoes cooked, peeled, mashed
- 6 tblsp Maida (Plain Flour)
- 2 to 3 Green Chillies finely chopped
- handful Coriander Leaves chopped
- handful Fenugreek Leaves chopped
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs finely crumbled
- as required Oil
- as per taste Salt
How to make Paneer Cutlet
- Crumble the paneer and keep aside.
- Combine the paneer, potatoes, 3 tblsp maida, coriander leaves, fenugreek leaves, green chillies, garam masala powder, lemon juice, salt and red chilli powder in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add little water to the remaining maida and mix without lumps.
- Make small balls of the potato and paneer mixture and flatten them lightly.
- Spread the breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Dip the prepared cutlets in the batter and roll them in the rusk.
- Add to the hot oil and fry until golden.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with mint chutney or ketchup.