Chicken Nasi Goreng is a popular Indonesian and Malay dish similar to a fried rice. Nasi Goreng is often called the National Dish of Indonesia.
Chicken Breast – 1, skinless, cooked, sliced
Prawns – 100, shelled, peeled
Eggs – 2, small
Sambar Onions (Shallots) – 4, finely sliced
Thai Red Curry Paste – 1 1/2 to 2 tblsp
Oil – 1 1/2 tblsp
Basmati Rice – 1 cup, cooked
Cucumber – 3/4 cup, diced
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Spring Onions – 2, finely chopped
Sweet Soy Sauce
1. Cook the prawns and keep aside.
2. Beat the eggs in a bowl. Sprinkle some salt and black pepper powder if desired.
3. Heat 1/2 tsp of oil in a non-stick frying pan.
4. Add half of the beaten eggs, spread to a thin layer and cook for a few minutes or until set and golden.
5. Remove, roll and slice once cooled.
6. Repeat with the remaining egg mixture.
7. Add the remaining oil to the pan.
8. Saute the onions until golden and crisp.
9. Remove and drain the oil from the pan.
10. Add the Thai red curry paste, sliced chicken and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the chicken is almost cooked.
11. Add the basmati rice and prawns.
12. Cook for a minute.
13. Remove and add the eggs, onions, cucumber and coriander leaves.
14. Toss gently until all ingredients are well mixed.
15. Garnish with spring onions and serve as desired.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !