Chicken mince – 1 kg
Cashew nuts – 1/4 cup, pounded
Cooking oil – 4 tsp
Coriander leaves – 4 tsp, chopped
Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
Eggs – 2
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Ginger – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
Oil for basting
Onions – 4 tsp, chopped
Salt to taste
White butter for brushing
White pepper powder – 1 tsp
Yellow chilli powder – 1 tsp
1. Put the eggs in a bowl and whisk using quick strokes.
2. To the egg, add the cumin, yellow chilli powder, white pepper powder and oil and whisk again till well blended.
3. In a large bowl combine the mince and the gg mixture. Set aside for 10 minutes, giving the egg time to bind the mince well.
4. Now add cashew nuts, ginger, onions, coriander and garam masala. Mix well.
5. Divide the mix into 10 equal portions.
6. Wrap two portions along each skewer using wet hands. Keep 2 inches between each portion. Prepare atleast 5 skewers like this.
7. Roast in a moderately hot tandoor or charcoal grill till golden brown for about 6 minutes. Alternately, roast in a preheated oven at 300F for 8 minutes.
8. Baste once with oil. Remove from skewers and brush with white butter.
Serve with onion rings and lemon wedges.