A simple and easy to make delicious minced lamb burgers with a Moroccan flavour. Ideal for a weekend party or a quick lunch or dinner.
Minced Lamb – 750 gms
Red Onions – 2, finely sliced
Red Wine Vinegar – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 2 tblsp, powdered
Sea Salt – 2 tsp
Cinnamon Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Chaat Masala Powder – 1 tsp (optional)
Olive Oil – 2 to 3 tblsp
Mint Leaves – handful, chopped
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Feta Cheese – 200 gms, crumbled (you can also use regular cheese slices if preferred)
Burger Buns (or Pav Buns) – 20 to 25 (or as required) halved
Mustard Sauce (optional)
1. Mix the onions, vinegar, sugar and salt in a bowl.
2. Keep aside for 45 to 60 minutes.
3. Drain well.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the minced lamb, cinnamon powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder and chaat masala powder.
5. Mix until well combined.
6. Shape the mixture into small/medium balls and flatten them to burger patties.
7. Keep them in the fridge for about 30 to 45 minutes.
8. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame.
9. Cook the lamb patties for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through.
10. Lightly toast the buns if preferred and place them on a flat surface.
11. Place some lettuce leaves on one half and place a lamb patty on top.
12. Top up with the onions, cucumber, tomatoes and jalapenos.
13. Sprinkle some cheese on top or place one cheese slice.
14. Sprinkle some mint and coriander leaves.
15. Cover with the other half.
16. Serve at once.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !