Medhu Pakoda is a popular South Indian evening/tea time snack served with chutney or sauce. This variation includes chopped and ground ginger for additional taste.
Gram Flour – 2 cups
Rice Flour – 1 cup
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cooking Soda – 1/8 tsp
Onions – 2, finely chopped
Curry Leaves – big handful
Oil as required
Ginger – 2 inch piece
Green Chillies – 4 to 5
Salt as per taste
1. Peel and chop the ginger into small pieces.
2. Combine with the green chillies and grind to a coarse paste.
3. Transfer to a large bowl.
4. Add the gram flour, rice flour, asafoetida powder, salt, cooking soda, onions and curry leaves.
5. Mix well to a thick dough. Add little water if required.
6. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
7. Drop small portions of the dough and fry them until golden brown.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Serve warm with chutney or sauce.
image via youtube
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !