Chicken Salna is a popular street food across Tamilnadu and is often served as a side dish to roti, parotta, naan or rice items.
Chicken – 500 gms, washed, chopped
Onions – 1/3 cup, chopped
Tomatoes – 1/3 cup, chopped
Green Chilli – 1
Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Coconut – 1/2, grated
Peanuts – 2 tblsp
Gasa Gasa – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – handful
Mint Leaves – handful
Oil – 1/4 cup
Cinnamon – a small piece
Clove – 1
Cardamom – 1
Star Anise – 1, small
Saunf – 1/4 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the tempering ingredients and fry for a minute.
3. Add onions, mint leaves and saute for a minute or two.
4. Add the tomatoes, green chillies and stir well.
5. After a minute, add the ginger garlic paste.
6. Add the chicken pieces and mix well.
7. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and stir well.
8. Pour enough water and bring to a boil.
9. When it starts to boil, add salt and garam masala powder.
10. Grind the coconut, peanuts and gasa gasa to a smooth paste.
11. Add this to the pan and mix well.
12. Reduce flame to low and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
13. Garnish with coriander leaves.
14. Serve hot.
image via YouTube video
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !