Cauliflower Pakoras (or Cauliflower Pakodas) is a simple to make and perfect teatime or evening snack. Serve with sauce or mint chutney.
Cauliflower – 250 gms, chopped
Besan Flour – 1/3 cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Saunf – 1/4 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Green Chilli – 1, small, finely chopped
Oil as required for frying
Chaat Masala Powder – a pinch
1. Mix the gram flour, salt, saunf, cumin powder, turmeric powder and enough water to make a thick batter.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste and green chillies.
3. Add the cauliflower florets and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
5. Add the cauliflower florets, drain any excess batter, and fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until light golden brown.
6. Remove and drain excess oil.
7. Sprinkle a little chaat masala powder on top.
8. Serve with mint chutney or sauce.