A great shrimp appetizer for any party, weekend lunch or dinner.
Tequila – 1/2 cup (preferably Agave Tequila)
Lime Juice – 6 tblsp
Lime Zest – 2 tsp
Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
Orange Juice – 1/4 cup, fresh
Shrimps – 1 kg, peeled, deveined, tail left intact
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Wooden Skewers – soaked in water for 1 hour
Coriander Leaves – big handful, chopped
1. Mix the tequila, lime juice, lime zest, coriander leaves, olive oil and orange juice in a large bowl.
2. Add the shrimps to a resealable plastic bag.
3. Pour the tequila mixture and toss gently.
4. Keep the bag in the fridge for 2 to 4 hours, turning from time to time.
5. Heat a grill to medium and brush with oil.
6. Remove the shrimp from the plastic bag and discard excess marinade.
7. Sprinkle salt and pepper powder.
8. Skewer the shrimps and grill for 2 to 4 minutes on each side, turning once, until firm, opaque and firm.
9. Serve with lime wedges.