Vazhakkai (Raw Banana / Plantain) – 1
Rice – 1 cup, cooked
Black Karamani (Black-eyed Peas) – 1/4 cup
Peppercorns – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 3, chopped
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
1. Apply oil on the vazhakkai and roast over an open flame.
2. Cool and then remove the skin.
3. Then grate the flesh and keep aside.
4. Dry roast the karamani for a minute and grind to a coarse powder.
5. Grind the peppercorns and cumin seeds separately.
6. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
7. Add the mustard seeds, urad dal, vazhakkai, curry leaves, green chillies, peppercorns, cumin seeds and karamani.
8. Stir and add rice after a minute.
9. Mix well and remove.
10. Serve with pachadi or appalam.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !