Butter Biscuits are a popular teatime accompaniment across the Indian subcontinent. You can make these biscuits at home without an oven and using a pan or pressure cooker.
Maida – 400 gms
Butter – 200 gms
Sugar – 150 gms, powdered
Salt as per taste
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
1. Combine the maida, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Sieve 2-3 times.
3. Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl.
4. Add the sieved flour.
5. Mix well and make small balls of the dough.
6. Roll them out into small chapatis and cut using a biscuit cutter or a bottle cap.
7. Gently score (Make tiny holes) the prepared biscuit using a fork.
8. Bake in a moderate oven for 20 minutes or until light golden.
9. If you do not have an oven, then place a heavy-bottomed pan over low flame.
10. Fill the pan with sand until three-fourth.
11. Lightly grease a plate with ghee and sprinkle some maida.
12. Place the prepared biscuits on the plate leaving some gap in-between.
13. Once the sand is warm enough, place the plate on top and cover well.
14. Cook for 20 minutes and switch off the flame.
15. Remove and cool.
16. Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top if desired.
17. Store in an airtight container.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !