The human body is like a well-oiled machine and the different organs of the body work in tandem with each other to perform the different jobs the body is capable of. The body just like a machine also needs fuel in the form of vital constituents and nutrients like vitamins, fats, proteins and other crucial elements. The food that is consumed by the body undergoes a number of processes inside the body to generate the elements crucial for the survival and development of the body. The different foods that we consume like fruits, vegetables, seafood and meat have different constituents and each one of them is beneficial for the body. Pomegranate is a fruit that has many advantages and is beneficial to the body in many ways.
The fruit has a covering at the top which firmly encapsulates the seeds inside. The seeds inside vary in number from 200 to about 1000 and are covered by a watery pulp and an aril. A white pulp can also be seen in close proximity with the seed. The fruit is on most occasions sweet to taste and has plenty of health benefits which help to keep the body fresh and healthy.
Some of the health benefits of Pomegranate are as follows:
- Controls Blood pressure: Pomegranate has the ability to deal with the bad and good cholesterol in the blood and lowers the bad quantity a great deal. The juice is generally suggested as a remedy to lower the blood pressure and heart patients are asked to consume Pomegranate juice on a regular basis. Even for a healthy man with no health defects, pomegranate juice will help his body systems to keep the blood pressure under control.
- Lowers Cholesterol: Cholesterol is one of the most harmful substances generated in the body due to processing of oil and other fatty substances over the years. Cholesterol has many ill effects and can lead to heart attacks. Pomegranate juice has the ability to lower the bad cholesterol level in the body and keep it under check.
- Prevention of cancer: Pomegranate has shown properties that aid the prevention of Lung cancer. In an experiment with mice, pomegranate juice was able to control the growth of the virus in the body. It is also seen as a great help in prevention of the spread of breast cancer cells and can even destroy the affected cells leaving alone the healthy cells. Pomegranate also helps to slow down prostate cancer and pomegranate juice is being used in an extensive research for the same.
- Prevention of problems like Alzheimer’s disease and Arthritis: Pomegranate juice has shown positive effects on the Alzheimer’s patients and has been able to slow down the effects of Alzheimer’s on a great extent. The use for humans is under research but the results are highly positive. Pomegranate helps strengthen the bones and prevents the occurrence of Arthritis.
- Pomegranate juice is very good for the dental health and strengthens the teeth. Its benefits have been endorsed by many dentists across the world and it is widely renowned for its properties that help the teeth.
- Pomegranate is also very good for the skin and the water surrounding the seeds helps keep the skin fresh and moisturized. The fruit juice also washes away all the toxins from the body and prevents aging.
- Acne can also be treated with the help of pomegranate juice. It helps to lighten the marks on the skin which include cuts and scrapes.
The pomegranate fruit can be enjoyed without actually being bothered about the benefits to the body. Pomegranate can be eaten raw or one can make Pomegranate juice out of the seeds and consume it occasionally. In either case, the fruit is equally beneficial.