Rava – 1 cup
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Sugar – 2 cups
Kesari Powder – a small pinch
Cardamom Powder – a small pinch
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Cashewnuts – 10, lightly fried
1. Heat a tsp of ghee and fry the rava till golden.
2. Remove and keep aside.
3. Add one more tsp of ghee and fry the grated coconut till golden.
4. Heat a heavy bottomed pan.
5. Add 3 tsp of ghee and pour 2 cups of water.
6. Bring to a boil.
7. Reduce flame to low and add kesari powder, cardamom powder.
8. Add rava and mix well.
9. Add coconut, remaining ghee and sugar.
10. Stir and mix well till cooked.
11. Garnish with cashewnuts and transfer to a greased plate.
12. Cut into desired shapes and allow to cool completely.
This is one of the traditional recipes of Tamil Nadu.