Eggs – 4
Idiyappam Batter – 2 cups (or you can use Instant Idiyappams)
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Green Chillies – 2
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Garlic – 5 cloves
Onions – 2, chopped
Tomato – 1, chopped
Saunf – 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves – a bunch
Coriander Leaves – a bunch
Salt as per taste
Oil – 2 tsp
1. If you are not using the readymade idiyappams, then prepare idiyappams in the idiyappam maker and keep aside.
2. If you are using the instant idiyappams, then steam cook them for a minute and reserve.
3. Combine and grind together the coconut, green chillies, ginger, garlic and saunf.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Fry the curry leaves and mustard seeds for 30 seconds.
6. Saute the onions until golden.
7. Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder and salt.
8. Stir to mix well.
9. Add the ground paste and fry until the raw smell disappears.
10. Add the prepared idiyappams and stir until well combined.
11. Break the eggs into the pan and stir until the eggs are cooked.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves.
13. Serve hot, at once.