Sakkaravalli Kizhangu (Sweet Potato) – 1 cup, boiled and mashed
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Saunf – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon – a small piece
Cloves – 1 or 2
Roasted Gram Flour – 1/4 cup
Onion – 1, chopped
Mint Leaves – handful, chopped
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the sweet potato, ginger garlic paste, cumin seeds, saunf, cloves, cinnamon, salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
3. Stir-fry for a minute or two. Switch off the flame and allow to cool a bit.
4. Add chopped onions, mint leaves, coriander leaves, roasted gram flour and mix well.
5. Remove and make small balls of the mixture.
6. Heat oil for frying.
7. Deep fry these balls till golden brown.
8. Drain excess oil.
9. Delicious Sakkaravalli Kizhangu Kola Urundai is ready.